In a recent survey, the following results were unveiled. These key factors can really open your eyes to the way a homeowner and buyer views a home.
Selling Points for Buyers
- 36% are looking for a home that is reasonably priced, so sellers need to price their home competitively
- 26% say prime location
- 14% look for an idea school district
- 7% say the size of the home was one of the top deciding factors
Although, most of these come to you as common sense, they really have a significant factor in determining the value of your home.
Buyer Deciding Factors
- 49% say kitchen filled with outdated is a complete turn off
- 33% say over pricing of a home hinders them from being interested
- 9% say homeowners attitudes turn them away from the home
As a homeowner, it is your job to make the home appeal to potential buyers. Bad odors, cluttered filled homes, and poor landscaping also hinder a buyer’s interest in the home.
If homeowners spruce up an outdated kitchen, this could add value to the home as well as change a buyer’s mind about being turned off immediately. Small changes like replacing hardware, new cabinets, repainting, and changing light fixtures can really turn the kitchen into an inviting place that buyer’s will love. The problem is time and money. Replacing cabinets can be very pricy.
If you need to sell your home and want to avoid sinking extra money into renovations we have a solution for you. We buy homes and would like to schedule a consultation to go over some quick sale options. Contact us for a free consultation.